Leading Innovations in Medical Education
Thank you for your interest in the University of Missouri (MU) School of Medicine. For more than 165 years, MU has prepared physicians to improve the health of Missourians and the nation by providing excellent health care education and knowledge through research.
The MU School of Medicine is a pioneer in the patient-based learning, previously called problem-based learning, style of medical education that emphasizes problem solving, self-directed learning and early clinical experience. The University of Missouri School of Medicine has more than 650 faculty physicians and basic scientists, as well as more than 400 residents in 37 accredited residency specialty programs. These educators expose students to an exceptional and supportive learning environment.
When you graduate as a MU physician, you will be well prepared to practice medicine in the 21st century. Our graduating students and residents are:
- Able to deliver effective patient-centered care
- Honest and practice with high ethical standards
- Knowledgeable in biomedical sciences, evidence based practice, and societal and cultural issues
- Critical thinkers/problem-solvers
- Able to communicate with patients and others
- Able to collaborate with patients and other members of health care teams
- Committed to improving quality and safety
- Committed to life long learning and professional formation
“Without question, Mizzou has been one of the best decisions of my life.”
Students choose MU's School of Medicine for a variety of reasons: reputation, location, problem-based curriculum, faculty resources, school environment, residency placement, etc. Depending on your situation, there are several ways that you can enter the School of Medicine: regular admission, early decision program, out-of-state admission, and Bryant Scholars pre-admission. Our website offers broad information to guide you through the admission process.
Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
University of Missouri School of Medicine
MA215 Medical Sciences Building
Columbia, MO 65212
P: (573) 882-9219
F: (573) 884-2988