An invitation to interview at the University of Missouri School of Medicine is an indication of your initial impression on the admissions committee. It is quite an accomplishment. This is an opportunity to see if the MU School of Medicine is as right for you as we think you might be for us.
Your interview day is planned so that you have the opportunity to mingle with other applicants, chat with current students and ask questions about what it is like to be a medical student at Mizzou.
Most interview days include up to 10 students, which are then divided into a.m. and p.m. interview groups. Interviews take place on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the week. We require two one-on-one interviews with Admissions Committee members. Here are the timeframes depending on type of application:
- Early Decision Admission applicants - August
- Regular Admission applicants - October through February
- MD-PhD Admission applicants – October through February
- Bryant Scholars - a Friday in late July (slightly different schedule)
Sample Interview Schedule
- 9:00 a.m.– Interview with Admissions Committee member (a.m. group)
- 10:00 a.m.- Interview with Admissions Committee member (a.m. group)
- 11:00 a.m. – Meet with Associate Dean for Student Programs (both a.m. and p.m. group)
- 11:30 a.m. – Meet with Financial Aid Coordinator (both a.m. and p.m. group)
- 12:00 p.m. – Both groups join student ambassadors for lunch and tour of the medical education and hospital facilities.
- 1:00 p.m.- Interview with Admission Committee member (p.m. group)
- 2:00 p.m.- Interview with Admissions Committee member (p.m. group)
(Applicants to the Tom and Anne Smith MD-PhD Program will have a second day of interviews for the program and graduate school. Housing for an overnight stay is usually provided for MD-PhD applicants who have a second day of interviews. Please contact the program office at email@example.com for additional information.)
Each applicant receives a letter from the admissions office prior to their interview that outlines the process and location, where to park, as well as lodging options.