Child Health Research Office
Laura Hillman, MD
After hours, please call Children's Hospital at (573) 882-7500 and ask for your physician or the physician on call to be paged.
Pamela Hall (573) 884-0321
Goal: To solidify and expand Child Health’s departmental research and scholarly activities by leading each subspecialty division to successfully compete for peer-reviewed federal research funding.
- Foster collaboration across departments/divisions in areas which reflect clinical strengths of the department and in areas of future clinical importance.
- Seek out opportunities for clinical trials/sponsored clinical research in areas of strategic importance to the department.
- Develop and maintain knowledge base of federal, foundation and association funding opportunities to facilitate targeted funding proposals.
- Provide adequate grants administration support which facilitates effective grant proposal development and post-award management.
- Expand research capabilities of the department through recruitment of new faculty with strong research interest.
Functions and Roles
- Communicate with faculty and determine research interests and assist in focusing interests on potential projects that mesh well with Department, School and University areas of emphasis.
- Search out and identify potential funding sources applicable to research interests.
- Obtain and interpret guidelines and application packets and communicate with agencies, foundations, etc.
- Assist faculty in compiling proposal materials.
- Develop budget plans and budget justification narratives based on research plans and guidelines.
- Assist in the completion of IRB and ACUC forms and function as a liaison between faculty and review committees.
- Provide award information to Fiscal Office Grants & Contracts Specialist and assist in setting up account and preparing cost-sharing documentation.