Clinical and Research Interests
Dialysis, Kidney (Renal) Disease, Kidney (Renal) Transplant, Kidney Stones, Nephrology, Kidney (Renal) Cancer
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
- Diplomate in Nephrology (American Board of Medicine Specialties)
- Designated Specialist in Clinical Hypertension (American Society of Hypertension Specialists Program)
- Diplomate in Internal Medicine (American Board of Internal Medicine)
Councils & Committees
- 2011-12 Utilization Review Committee
- 2011-12 Department of Internal Medicine Alumni Committee
- 2011-present Annual Dialysis Conference Planning Committee
- Residency: 2006-2009 Department of Internal Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- Fellowship: 2009-2011 Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- 2009-2013 Angiotensin-II and Aldosterone mediated renal insulin resistance
- 2009-2011 Impact of Direct Renin Inhibition and AT₁R blockade on Cardiovascular And Renal Abnormalities associated with Insulin Resistance in Ren2 Rats: A Combitorial Strategy that targets the Cardiometabolic Syndrome
- 2005-2010 Exercise and the Metabolic Syndrome with Weight Regain
- 2009-2014 Ang II Opposes Insulin Meditated Vasorelaxation and Glucose Utilization
- 2008-2012 Mechanisms of Angiotensin II and Aldosterone Inhibition of Insulin Metabolic Signaling
Aarti Sarwal, Joshua Botdorf, Manjamalai Sivaraman, Yuji Oba. Unusual Transcranial Doppler Findings in Rabies Encephalitis. 2010 ASN Abstracts. Journal of Neuroimaging, 20: 93–105, 2010.
Gautum Phadke, Diptesh Gupta, Joshua Botdorf, Madukar Misra. Acquired factor VIII inhibitor in a nenhemophilia patient on hemodialysis; challenges in management. Hemodialysis International, 2010, 14:S38-S41
- Kunal Chaudhary; Joshua Botdorf; Adam Whaley-Connell. Atherosclerotic renovascular hypertension: current trends in diagnosis and management. Missouri medicine 2011; 108(1):37-41.
- Joshua Botdorf, Kunal Chaudhary, Adam Whaley-Connell. Hypertension in Cardiovascular and Kidney Disease. Cardiorenal Med. 2011; 1(3):183-192.