Ajay Aggarwal, MD Director of Joint Preservation Surgery
It is our aim to provide you with the information you need to better understand the various types of joint disorders and diseases and inform you of the many advanced treatment options available today.
Dr. Aggarwal, MD, director of Joint Preservation Surgery with the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Missouri, specializes in the preservation and replacement of hip and knee joints - particularly for young and active adult patients.
Dr. Aggarwal and his staff are glad to answer any questions or provide additional information.
Dr. Aggarwal specializes in joint preservation, resurfacing, and replacement with surgical techniques designed to preserve as much bone and function as possible.
Medical conditions that can benefit from primary joint replacement of the hip or knee include osteoarthritis, inflammatory arthritis, osteonecrosis, post-traumatic arthritis and other disorders.
Revision total joint replacement can ease the pain and suffering in patients whose previous implants failed due to loosening or fracture.
- Total joint replacements (hip and knee)
- Revision total joint replacement (for patients suffering from failed implants due to loosening or fracture)
- Mini-incision unicondylar knee arthroplasty (minimally-invasive unicondylar arthroplasty or total knee arthroplasty)
- Hip resurfacing
- Osteotomy (joint preserving operations of the hip and knee)
- Core decompression and bone grafting procedures
- Hip impingement procedures
- Hip and knee arthroscopy