MD-PhD Regular Track
While this is the recommended track, it is flexible and based upon the needs of the student.
- December to May:Receive MD-PhD program acceptance
- Summer, first year: Complete first grad school lab rotation
- Fall to Winter, first year: Complete first year of medical school training
School of Medicine PBL (Problem Based Learning)
- Summer, second year:Complete second grad school lab rotation
- Fall to Winter, second year: Complete second year of medical school training School of Medicine PBL (Problem Based Learning)
- Summer, third year:Complete third and final grad school lab rotation
- Fall, third year: Begin third year of grad school.
Complete three to five years of PhD coursework and research to satisfy the requirements for the doctoral (PhD) degree or the type of PhD program. In general, most programs require some post-baccalaureate (graduate school) courses and some original research, usually written at the time of the doctoral thesis.
- Summer, years six to eight: Begin third year of medical school. Complete third and fourth years of medical school.
- Complete dissertation