Seeing the Future of Patient Care
At the Mason Eye Institute, every member of our team is committed to your eye health through skilled, compassionate care. The best health care occurs in University settings because bright, hard working medical students, residents, and fellows create a learning environment that attracts the best clinicians and surgeons from around the country. At the University of Missouri, we are fortunate to have faculty who have chosen to combine teaching and research with excellent clinical and surgical care for our patients. This places them at the top of their fields within the ophthalmology subspecialty.
Eye care services provided include refractive surgery, cataract surgery, macular degeneration, retinal disease, corneal transplantation, glaucoma, ocular oncology, neuro-ophthalmology, plastic surgery, children’s eye care, low vision, trauma and treatment for many types of eye disease. Our faculty and staff are privileged to care for Missourians and feel a commitment to provide a center of excellence for ophthalmology in the Midwest.
Frederick W. Fraunfelder M.D., M.B.A.
Roy E. Mason and Elizabeth Patee Mason Distinguished Professor
Chair, Department of Ophthalmology
Address and Directions
- Mason Eye Institute/Clinic/University Optical
- University Eye Institute East and University Optical East
Phone and Fax Numbers
- Department: (573) 882-1027, Fax (573) 882-8474
- University Optical Office: (573) 884-7710, Fax (573) 884-0025
- University Optical East: (573) 884-4568, Fax (573) 884-4575
- Mason Eye Clinic: (573) 882-1506, Fax (573) 884-5575
- University Eye Institute East: (573) 882-8920, Fax (573) 884-4868