- Columbia has been called the quintessential college town by U.S. News and World Report, and Money magazine, Men's Journal and MSN.com have all called it one of America's best places to live.
- Columbia's cost of living consistently rates as more affordable than the national average.
- Columbia, MO is a town of just over 100,000.
- The city's two largest sectors are education and health care.
- 51.6% of population has a bachelor's degree or higher
- Nationally ranked public school system
- University Hospital and MOI are located on the same grounds as the undergraduate campus and just across the street from the athletic complexes of the University of Missouri Tigers.
Home to diverse restaurants, shops, museums, and galleries, downtown Columbia -- known as The District -- truly has something for everyone
||Recreation in the City
Columbians can walk, play, or picnic in any of the 2,800 acres of park land and 72 parks maintained by the city. Joggers, walkers, and bikers can enjoy many trails in town, including the MKT Trail, a 4.7 mile walkway through Columbia’s greenbelt.
||Recreation Across the State
With its urban centers, beautiful lakes, towering bluffs, rolling hills, and abundant wildlife, Missouri offers a variety of stimulating experiences.
The University of Missouri Student Recreation Complex was voted the top recreation center in the country by Sports Illustrated on Campus.
Football, baseball, basketball, soccer and softball ... there’s always an opportunity to cheer the MU Tigers on to victory.
CITY OF COLUMBIA:
City of Columbia
Columbia Chamber of Commerce
The District: Columbia's downtown community
Columbia Convention and Visitors Bureau
MOVING TO COLUMBIA?
Find a job at the University of Missouri
Find a job at MU Health Care
Columbia Public Schools
NEWS AND MEDIA:
Columbia Daily Tribune
KMIZ - local ABC affiliate
KOMU - local NBC affiliate
KRCG - local CBS affiliate
The Weather Channel
NEWSY - Multi Source Video News Analysis out of Columbia
HEALTHY, RECREATION AND FITNESS:
Columbia Parks and Recreation
Rock Bridge State Park
Mid-Missouri Parks and Trails
Katy Trail State Park
Columbia Farmers Market
Boone County Farmer's Market
Columbia's Activity and Recreation Center
MU Student Rec Center
ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT:
The Blue Note
University Concert Series
Daniel Boone Regional Library
Columbia Art League
Art in the Park
True/False Film Festival
Roots, Blues and BBQ Festival
Citizen Jane Film Festival
University of Missouri Athletics
Big 12 Sports
Kansas City Royals
Kansas City Chiefs
St. Louis Cardinals
St. Louis Rams
back to top