Biostatistics and Research Design Unit
The Biostatistics and Research Design Unit is organizationally aligned with the Office of Clinical Research. The Biostatistics and Research Design Unit currently consists of five doctoral-level statisticians and two masters-level statisticians. Our mission is to provide statistical support for researchers involved in the MU Health System. Our view of "statistical support" is fairly broad. Faculty and staff have extensive experience in many statistical areas including experimental design, sample size selection, linear models (regression and analysis of variance), nonparametric statistics, Monte Carlo simulations, randomized clinical trials, logistic regression, survey sampling, longitudinal studies, multivariate analysis, survival analysis and analysis of microarray data. Our faculty also has experience working with large data sets, such as those arising from national databases and complex genomic experiments.
We promote a research model in which the statistician is a partner in the research effort. As such, we can be of best service when we are involved early in research effort.
This group exists to provide research and education support by offering services and collaboration in:
- Grant Proposal Development
- Experimental Design
- Sample Size Determination
- Data Management
- Statistical Analyses of all Types
- Development and Application of New Statistical Methodologies
- Education in Experimental Design and Statistics
- Seminars on topics of your choice
- Series of seminars on topic(s) of your choice
- Mini course on topic(s) of your choice
- Full course on topic(s) of your choice
- There are a variety of possible methods of payment for these services depending on resources and the scope of the problem.