Wednesday Forums provide an opportunity for discussion with an external healthcare speaker. Wednesday Forums are Wednesday's 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. during the Spring and Fall semesters. Wednesday Forum participation is required of all residential MHA students. Plan work and study schedules accordingly.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the majority of the Wednesday Forums will be conducted via Zoom. In order to receive credit for attending the session, students are expected to join each session with "video on".
- August 26: MUHC Fellowship Review, Peter Callan, Senior Director, Talent Acquisition Development. Of most interest to 2d year students-First year encouraged to attend.
- September 2: FIRST YEAR ONLY. Resumé Development, Laure Peiter, MU Student Success Center
- September 9: Fellowship Application Process - Alumni Panel of recent HMI Graduates.
- September 11: Summer Internships - Team Presentations - First year required to attend at least 2 presentations, scheduled for 10am, 11:30am, 1:00 pm & 2:30 pm
- September 16: Jake Cedergreen (HMI '98) ExpressScripts - Pharmacy Benefit Management
- September 23: Alex Gill, President HMI Alumni Assn. Value of Networking.
- September 30: Dylan Strecker, Lumeris, Healthcare Consulting
- October 7: No Forum, Fall Institute programing throughout the week
- October 14: Laura Peiter, MU Student Success Center - Interview Skills.
- October 21: Rick Sommer, HMI 8689 Internship Placement Process,
- October 28: Peter Callan, Senior Director, Talent Acquisition Development, MUHC. Internship Program 2021.
- November 4: MU Supply Chain Operations, Marcy Maddox, Director of Supply Chain Operations
- November 11: Traci Carter, Manager Community Health and Access, Diversity in Healthcare
- November 18: Whitney Coffey, Sr. Data Analyst & Andrew Hunter, Sr. Data Analyst, Missouri Department of Health and Sr. Services, MICA
- December 2: Madeline Rygelski, Graduate Student, Industrial and Mfg Systems Engineering (IMSE), Capstone Project