The salary levels for residents and fellows for the 2018-2019 academic year are listed below.
|PGY Level||Yearly Salary||Monthly Salary|
Residents and fellows are provided various plans from which to choose for medical, dental, vision, prescription and life insurances, with optional coverages including disability, accidental death and dismemberment, and family coverage. Detailed benefit information can be found at My Total Rewards.
Professional liability insurance is provided by the University Self-Insurance Fund.
Detailed information regarding leave benefits for a particular residency or fellowship program can be obtained by contacting the program coordinator.
- Sick leave
- Educational leave
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Bereavement, military and interview leave also available
- Discount on medical book purchases
- Lab coats and scrub suits provided
- Pagers provided
- Meals available 24/7 in the Resident Lounge and in Essentials Cafe, The Grille and various vending machines
- Fees paid for life support certification courses, including BLS, ACLS, PALS, NALS
- Multimedia computers provided for each residency program
- Computer training available through the Center for Education & Development
- Funding provided for professional presentations at state and national meetings
- Educational assistance for approved courses
Residents and fellows are not eligible for retirement benefits.
Employee Assistance Program
The University of Missouri System’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential, professional service provided to all employees, their families, retirees and organizational work units. The EAP provides a variety of services to help employees influenced by a range of personal concerns or stressors. The EAP also assists work units and the larger organization to improve quality and productivity.