Differential activation of human dendritic cells and their subsequent effect on CD4+ and CD8+ T cell activation and differentiation; Major histocompatibility complex class I and II antigen presentation.
Areas of Expertise
Education & Training
1980, PhD, University of Virginia
- Benwell, RK, Hruska, JE, Fritsche, KL and DR Lee. 2010. Double stranded RNA-relative to other TLR ligand-activated dendritic cells induce extremely polarized human Th1 responses. Cell Immun 264:119-126.
- Benwell, RK and DR Lee. 2010. Essential and synergistic roles of IL1 and IL6 in human Th17 differentiation directed by TLR ligand-activated dendritic cells. Clin Immun 134:178-187.
- Endsley, JJ, Furrer, JL, Endsley, MA, McIntosh, MA, Maue, AC, Walters, WR, Lee, DR, and DM Estes.2004. Characterization of bovine homologues of granulysin and NK-lysin. J of Immunol 173(4):2607-2614.
- Greidinger, EL, Foecking, MF, Schäfermeyer, KR, Bailey, CW, Primm, SL, Lee, DR and RW Hoffman.2002. T Cell Immunity in Connective Tissue Disease Patients Targets the RNA Binding Domain of the U1-70kDa Small Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein. J Immunol. 169:3429-3437.
- Smith, RA, Myers, NB, Robinson, M, Hansen, TH and DR Lee.2002. Polymorphism at Position 97 in MHC Class I Molecules Affects Peptide Specificity, Cell Surface Stability, and Affinity for b2-Microglobulin. J. Immunol. 169:3105-3111.
- Talken, BL, Schafermeyer KR, Bailey CW, Lee DR, and RW Hoffma.2001. T cell epitope mapping of the Smith antigen reveals that highly conserved Smith antigen motifs are the dominant target of T cell immunity in systemic lupus erythematosus. Journal of Immunology. 167(1):562-268.