M616 Medical Sciences Bldg.
Columbia, MO 65212
- Bacterial Pathogenesis
- Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry
- Methods Development
Areas of Expertise
- Mucins and Pathogens in Cystic Fibrosis
- Heterogeneity, Virulence Factors, and Treatment of Opportunistic Pathogens in Cystic Fibrosis
- Imaging of Host‐Pathogen and Pathogen‐Pathogen Interactions
- Methods/Tools Development ‐ Analytical Biochemistry
- Cellular Biology
Education & Training
1997, PhD, Biochemistry, University of Missouri
1988, MS, Biochemistry, University of Missouri
1981, BS, Biology, Emory University
- Mossine, VV, Chance, DL, Waters, JK and TP Mawhinney. 2018. Interaction of Bacterial Phenazines with Colistimethate in Bronchial Epithelial Cells. Accepted manuscript posted online 21 May 2018, doi: 10.1128/AAC.02349-17.
- Chance DL, Mawhinney TP. 2017. Using Negative Staining TEM to Study Structure/Function Relationships of Cystic Fibrosis Host-Adapted Opportunistic Pathogen Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Microsc Microanal. 2017/08/04:1354-1355.
- Mossine VV, Waters JK, Chance DL, Mawhinney TP. 2016. Transient Proteotoxicity of Bacterial Virulence Factor Pyocyanin in Renal Tubular Epithelial Cells Induces ER-Related Vacuolation and Can Be Efficiently Modulated by Iron Chelators. Toxicol Sci. 154:403-415.
- Wang W, Lester JM, Amorosa AE, Chance DL, Mossine VV, Mawhinney TP. 2015. Facile and Efficient Preparation of Tri-component Fluorescent Glycopolymers via RAFT-controlled Polymerization. J Vis Exp. e52922
- Chance DL, Mossine VV, Waters JK, Mawhinney TP. 2014.In VitroInvestigations of Potential Synergistic Effects of Antimicrobial Essential Oils and Constituents with Antibiotics for Treating CF Airway Infections. Pediatric Pulmonology. 49:339-339.