1 Hospital Drive
Columbia, MO 65212
- Pathogenesis of Staphylococcus epidermidis infections and attachment of S. epidermidis infections to artificial surfaces
- Nosocomial murder
- Disinfection of surgical wounds and repulsion of bacteria from medical devices
- Artificial intelligence support for antibiotic therapy
- Lyme Disease in MO
Education & Training
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, 1977
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, 1979
Awards & Honors
- Re-elected by peers for inclusion in "Best Doctors in America"® (1996 through 2010, consecutively).
- Elected Chief of Staff, University Hospitals and Clinics (9/2007).
- Golden Apple Award, awarded by the American Medical Student Association (5/2003).
- Fellow, American Academy for Microbiology
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Fellow, Infectious Disease Society of America
- Member, American Society for Microbiology
- Member, Society of Hospital Epidemiology
- Member, American Society for the Advancement of Science
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha
- Christensen G. Biological Agents: Effects, Toxicity, and Effectiveness. In: M. A. Prelas, T.K. Ghosh, D.S. Viswanath, and S.K. Loyalka (eds.) Science and Technology of Terrorism and Counterterrorism, 2nd Edition. Boca Raton, FL. CRC Press, 2009.