- Colon cancer and hepatocellular carcinoma research, including molecular mechanism and target therapy.
- Immune cells’ roles in GI cancer.
Areas of Expertise
- Colon cancer molecular mechanism
- Cepatocellular carcinoma molecular therapy and chemical resistant
Education & Training
Tongji Medical College, HUST, P.R. China
University of Missouri
- Qiong Zhang, Tao Wei, Katherine Shim, Kevin Wright, Kan Xu, Helena L. Palka-Hamblin, Alexander Jurkevich, and Sharad Khare. Atypical Role of Sprouty in Colorectal Cancer: Sprouty Repression Inhibits Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition. Oncogene. 2015, Oct, 5; doi:10.1038/onc.2015.365. PMID: 26434583
- Qiong Zhang, Katherine Shim, Kevin Wright, Alexander Jurkevich, and Sharad Khare. Atypical Role of Sprouty in p21 Dependent Inhibition of Cell Proliferation in Colorectal Cancer. Molecular Carcinogenesis, 2015, Aug, 21. PMID: 26293890
- Khare S, Zhang Q, Ibdah JA. Epigenetics of hepatocellular carcinoma: role of microRNA. World J Gastroenterology. 2013 Sep 7;19(33):5439-45.
- Qiong Zhang, Mukesh Verma and Sharad Khare. Epigenetic Regulation of MicroRNA in Colon Cancer, Epigenetics and Cancer, DOI 10.1007/978-94-007-6612-9_5, 2013.