1 Hospital Dr
Columbia, MO 65212
- heart failure
- oxidative stress
- growth factors
- energy metabolism
Awards & Honors
- SAFMR/SSCI Junior Faculty Research Travel Award, 2014
- The Best Abstract, AHA/ATVB Specialty Conferences, 2013
- Young Faculty Research Award (AFMR/SSCI), 2010, 2011
- Gordon Conference Scholarship Fund, 2009
- American Heart Association (AHA)
- Am Fed Med Res (AMFR)
- Sukhanov S et al., Insulin-like Growth Factor I Reduces Lipid Oxidation and Foam Cell Formation via Downregulation of 12/15-lipoxygenase. Atherosclerosis, 2014. In press
- Higashi Y et al., Interaction between Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 and Atherosclerosis and Vascular Aging. Front Horm Res. 2014; 43: 107-24.
- Blackstock C et al., Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 Increases Synthesis of Collagen Type I via Induction of the mRNA-Binding Protein LARP6 Expression and Binding to the 5' Stem-loop of Col1a1 and Col1a2 mRNA. J Biol Chem. 2014, 289(11): 7264-74.
- Sukhanov S et al., Differential requirement for nitric oxide in IGF-1-induced anti-apoptotic, anti-oxidant and anti-atherosclerotic effects. FEBS Letters, 2011. 585 (19): 3065-72.