Trent M. Guess, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Departments of Physical Therapy and Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri. He holds the HealthSouth Professorship at Missouri and is the founding Director of the Mizzou Motion Analysis Center. His research focus combines experimental and computational methods in movement analysis with an emphasis on knee loading and functional assessment.
1100 Virginia Avenue
Columbia, MO 65212
- Motion Analysis
- Knee Biomechanics
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament
- Instrumented Functional Movement Assessment
Areas of Expertise
- Musculoskeletal Biomechanics
- Motion Analysis
Education & Training
2003 Doctor of Philosophy, Mechanical Engineering, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
1994 Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
1992 Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
Awards & Honors
- 2019 University of Missouri Extension, Team Engagement Award, Stay Strong Stay Healthy
- 2018 Faculty International Travel Award, School of Health Professions, University of Missouri
- 2017 Excellence in Education Award, University of Missouri. This award recognizes educators who contribute to student learning and personal development through out-of-the classroom experiences.
- 2016 Top 3 University Winner, 2016 Simulating Reality Contest, MSC Software.
- 2013 2nd Place, Grand Challenge Competition to Predict In Vivo Knee Loads. An international competition to predict knee contact forces using experimental gait lab measurements.
- 2007 Faculty Scholar Award, University of Missouri – Kansas City (UMKC). An award for faculty who show exceptional early accomplishments and promise for outstanding future research.
- 2002 Elisabeth M. and Winchel M. Parsons Scholarship, American Society of Mechanical Engineers Auxiliary
- 2001 Robert M. Carey Scholarship, University of Kansas
- 2000 – 2003 Hoglund Graduate Fellowship, University of Kansas
- 1991, 1992 School of Engineering Honor Roll, Dean’s Honor Roll, University of Kansas