The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery presented 46 posters at the University of Missouri’s Health Sciences Day this year. All poster presentations include an orthopaedic surgery faculty member as the primary mentor. The annual event was held on November 19, 2021 and included more than 200 posters presentations.
Three students also won awards for their presentations. Zachary Reuter, Alexandria Hofmann and Connor Diaz was each recognized for the posters during the event.
The Health Sciences Day event provides a forum to highlight original research and educational innovations by undergraduate, medical, nursing and health professions students, as well as predoctoral and postdoctoral trainees working with faculty in the schools of medicine, nursing, and health professions.
Undergraduate and Medical Students
- Baumann & Cook: Effects of The Acetabular Labrum and Ligamentum Teres Integrity on Ex Vivo Hip Kinematics
- Cebulko & Schweser: Comparing Traditional Lapidus to Newer Triplane Methods for Correction of Hallux Valgus
- Elliott & Hoernschemeyer: Key Factors Associated with Successful Outcomes in Pediatric Patients That Receive Both a Thoracic and Lumbar Vertebral Body Tether
- Groneck & Hoernschemeyer: Operative Differences for PSF After VBT: Are We Fusing More Levels in The End?
- Kress & Hoernschemeyer: Does Vertebral Body Tethering of The Main Thoracic Curve Result in Spontaneous Proximal Curve Correction in Skeletally Immature Lenke 2A Patients?
- Marshall & Crist: Classification, Treatment, And Outcome of Femoral Head Fractures
- Suri & Crist: A Systematic Review of Operative Fixation of Patellar Fractures and Outcomes
- Touhey & Ma: Effect of Autograft ACL Reconstruction on Patellar Height
- Troupe & Mesfin: Reducting Opioid Utilization with Liposomal Bupivacaine in Postoperative Lumbar Spine Surgeries
- Troyer & Gupta: Race, Income, And Insurance Status Affect Timing of Initial Evaluation of Pediatric Fracture Patients by Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Reuter & Crist: Effects of A Clinically Relevant Femoroacetabular Impingement Cam Deformity on Ex Vivo Hip Kinematics
- Rodriguez & Smith: Functional Biomechanical Comparison of Latarjet Versus Distal Tibial Osteochondral Allograft Anterior Glenoid Defect Reconstruction - Joint Kinematics and Cartilage Loading Properties
- Boever & Mesfin: Neurosurgery in Ethiopia; A Closer Look
- Brown & Ma: Inside Out Arthroscopic Medial Collateral Ligament Release for Improvement of Medial Compartment Visualization
- Hanish & Smith: Retrospective Comparison of Pain and Range of Motion Using Ketorolac Versus Corticosteroid in The Treatment of Adhesive Capsulitis of The Shoulder
- Smith & Mesfin: The Validity of Thoracolumbar Injury Classification and Biomechanical Approach in The Clinical Outcome of Operative and Non-Operative Treatments
- Cherian & Keeney: Transfusion Rate of Simultaneous Bilateral Total Knee Arthoplasty (TKA) With Tranexamic Acid (TXA) And Without Use of Drains
- Ali & Aaron: Effects of Osteochondral Allograft or Engineered Construct Transplantation on Infrapatellar Fat Pad Metabolism
- Baumann & Stoker: Effects of Tissue Degradation on Metabolic Responses of Intervertebral Disc Tissues from Clinical Patients
- Coleman & Stoker: Effects of Estrogen and Cytokine Stimulation on Patellar Tendon Autografts
- Garlapaty & Stoker: Development and Characterization of Osteoarthritic Cartilage Metabolic Clusters
- Kluge & Stoker: Metabolic Responses of Canine Caudal and Lumbar Annulus Fibrosus and Nucleus Pulposus Explants
- Mallick & Stoker: Characterization of Osteoarthritic Cartilage Based on Osteoarthritic Subchondral Bone Metabolic Clusters
- Salisbury & Stoker: Effects of Meniscus Allograft Transplantation on Infrapatellar Fat Pad Metabolism
- Sullentrup & Stoker: Utilizing Patient Demographics and Medication to Predict Changes in Clinically Relevant Biomarker Concentrations in Synovial Fluid from Patients with Knee Osteoarthritis
- Baumann & Stoker: Effects of Smoking Status on Metabolic Response of Cervical and Lumbar Degenerative Intervertebral Discs
- Baxter & Stoker: Relationships Among Patient Demographics with Metabolic Profiles of Injured Anterior Cruciate Ligaments
- Caisley & Stoker: Effects of Passage in Monolayer Culture on Metabolic Profiles of Osteoarthritic Chondrocytes
- Kaboga & Stoker: Differences in Metabolic Responses by Cervical and Lumbar Intervertebral Discs Based on Pfirrmann Grades
- Luk & Stoker: Relationships Among Articular Cartilage Biomechanical Properties and Metabolic and Histomorphometric Characteristics of Bone from Osteoarthritic Knees
- Schafer & Stoker: Agreement Among Human and Automated Reader Assessments of Severity of Knee Osteoarthritis Using the Kellgren-Lawrence Radiographic Grading System
- Singh & Stoker: Agreement Among Knee Osteoarthritis Radiographic Grading Systems for Patient Classification
Graduate Students, Residents and Post Docs
- Cardona-Ramirez & Cook: Development of An Autoclavable 3D-Printed Bioreactor for Axial Loading of Tendon Explants
- Li & Leary: Passed: A Comprehensive Tool to Calculate Power and Sample Size for Two Sample Tests
- Rucinski & Cook: Can Biomarkers Predict Outcomes After Osteochondral Allograft Transplantation Surgery?
- Rucinski & Cook: Initial Outcomes After Implementation of An Integrated Program for Management of Osteoarthritis and Obesity
- Feltz & Ma: Acute Meniscotibial Ligament Repair in The Setting of Traumatic Medial-Sided Injuries
- Kramer & Stoker: Metabolic Responses of Degenerative Intervertebral Discs from Patients Undergoing Cervical or Lumbar Spine Surgery
- Luk & Cook: Assessment of Tibiofemoral and Allograft Loading After Osteochondral Allograft Transplantation Using Shell Grafts
- Phillips & Cook: Incidence and Cost of Surgical Site Infections Associated with Osteochondral Allograft Transplantation in The Knee
- Schauffler & Guess: Novel Knee Arthrometer Use to Detect ACL Deficiencies
- Williams & Cook: The Role of Behavioral Health in Functional Outcomes After Osteochondral Allograft Transplantation in The Knee
- Wolfe & Cook: Evaluation of Serum and Urine Biomarkers for Developmental Dysplasia of The Hip Prior to Onset of Secondary Osteoarthritis
- Thomas & Guess: Validation of Azure Kinect Temporospatial Parameters During a Sit to Stand Task