Dr. Jeong's is devoted to understanding the molecular mechanisms regulating normal physiology and disease development in the uterus. The investigation of the regulation of reproductive biology is critical in understanding causes, treatments, and preventions for reproductive disorders. His research is focused on major regulators of the ovarian steroids progesterone and estrogen. Dr. Jeong's laboratory has developed and applied several genetically engineered mouse models as well as translational studies to understand the factors that regulate uterine epithelial-stroma crosstalk in controlling uterine epithelial cell proliferation and receptivity for embryo attachment. Current studies are aimed at the application of these genetic model systems to further study and understand the role of steroid hormones in women’s health, with the ultimate goal of developing therapies effective against reproductive disorders.
1030 Hitt Street
Roy Blunt NextGen Precision Health Building
Columbia, MO 65211
- Female Infertility
- Pathophysiology and Theranostics in Endometriosis
- Distant Metastasis and Recurrence of Endometrial Cancer
Areas of Expertise
- Uterine Biology
- Translational Study
- Animal Models for Human Diseases
- Epigenetic Regulation
Education & Training
2001 PhD, Korea University
2002 - 2005 Fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine
- Tae Hoon Kim, Nayoung Bae, Taeho Kim, Albert L. Hsu, Mark I. Hunter, Jung-Ho Shin, and Jae-Wook Jeong (2022)
Leptin stimulates endometriosis development in mouse models.
- Jung-Yoon Yoo, Tae Hoon Kim, Jung-Ho Shin, Ryan M. Marquardt, Ulrich Müller, Asgerally T. Fazleabas, Steven L. Young, Bruce A. Lessey, Ho-Geun Yoon, and Jae-Wook Jeong (2022)
Loss of MIG-6 results in endometrial progesterone resistance via ERBB2.
Nature Communications 2022 Mar 1;13(1):1101 PMID: 35232969
- Ryan M. Marquardt, Tae Hoon Kim, Jung-Yoon Yoo, Hanna E. Teasley, Asgerally T. Fazleabas, Steven L. Young, Bruce A. Lessey, Ripla Arora1, and Jae-Wook Jeong (2021)
Endometrial epithelial ARID1A is critical for uterine gland function in early pregnancy establishment.
FASEB J. 2021 Feb;35(2):e21209. PMID:33222288
- Jung-Yoon Yoo, Bon Jeong Ku, Tae Hoon Kim, Jong Il Ahn, Ji Yeon Ahn, Woo Sub Yang, Jeong Mook Lim, Maketo M. Taketo, Jung-Ho Shin, and Jae-Wook Jeong (2020)
β-catenin activates TGF-β-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in adenomyosis.
Experimental & Molecular Medicine 2020 Oct; 52(10):1754-1765 PMID:33060769
- Tae Hoon Kim, Jung-Yoon Yoo, Kyung-Chul Choi, Jung-Ho Shin, Richard E. Leach, Asgerally T. Fazleabas, Steven L. Young, Bruce A. Lessey, Ho-Geun Yoon, and Jae-Wook Jeong (2019)
Loss of HDAC3 results in non-receptive endometrium and female infertility.
Science Translational Medicine Jan 9;11(474). PMID:30626716