M531 Med Sci Bldg
Columbia, MO 65212
- Epigenetic and cell signaling effects of ethanol on liver
- Platelets and vascular remodeling
Education & Training
University of Birmingham (England)
PhD, University of Liverpool (England)
- James, T, Aroor AR, Lim RW and Shukla SD. Histone H3 phosphorylation (S10, S28) and phosphoacetylation (K9/S10) are differentially associated with gene expression in liver of rats treated in vivo with acute ethanol. J. Pharm. & Exp. Ther. 340, 237-247, 2012.
- Park P, Lim, RW and Shukla SD. Gene selective histone H3 acetylation in the absence of increase in global histone acetylation in liver of rats chronically fed alcohol. Alcohol & Alcoholism 47, 233-239, 2012.
- Aroor AR, Jackson DE and Shukla SD. Dysregulated phosphorylation and nuclear translocation of cyclic-AMP response element binding protein (CREB) in rat liver after chronic ethanol binge. Eur J. Pharm. 679, 101-108, 2012.
- Aroor AR, Lowery J Roy, Restrepo RJ, Mooney BP and Shukla SD. A proteomic analysis of liver after ethanol binge in chronically ethanol treated rats. Proteome Science 10:29, 1-12, 2012.
- Shukla SD and Lim RW. Epigenetic effects of ethanol on the liver and gastrointestinal system, Alcohol Research: Current Reviews, 35(1), 47-55, 2013.
- Aroor AR, Restrepo RJ, Kharbanda, KK, and Shukla SD, Epigenetic histone modifications in a clinically relevant rat model of chronic-binge-mediated liver injury. Hepatology International. 8(2), 421-430, 2014
- Shukla SD, Restrepo RJ, Fish P, Lim RW and Ibdah JA. Different mechanisms for histone acetylation by ethanol and its metabolite acetate in rat primary hepatocytes. J. Pharm & Exp Ther 354, 18-23, 2015.
- Shukla SD, Aroor AR, Restrepo R, Kharbanda KK and Ibdah JA. In vivo acute on chronic ethanol effects in liver: A mouse model exhibiting exacerbated injury, altered metabolic & epigenetic responses. Biomolecules, 5, 3280-3294, 2015.
- Szary N, Rector RS, Uptergrove GM, Ridenhour S, Shukla SD, Thyfault JP, Koch LG, Britton SL and Ibdah JA. High intrinsic aerobic capacity protects against ethanol-induced hepatic injury and metabolic dysfunction: study using inbred high capacity runner rat model. Biomolecules 5, 3295-3308, 2015.
- Restrepo RJ, Lim RW, Korthuis RJ and Shukla SD. Binge alcohol alters PNPLA3 levels in liver through epigenetic mechanism involving histone H3 acetylation. Alcohol 60, 77-82, 2017.