MA415 Med Sci Bldg.
Columbia, MO 65212
- Problem-based learning in medical education
- Signal transduction in platelets
- Vascular smooth muscle
Education & Training
University of Connecticut Health Center
PhD, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA
- Halenda, S.P., Wu, H., Jones, A.W., and Shukla, S.D. (1996) Phospholipase D in platelets and megakaryocytic cells. Chemistry and Physics of Lipids 80, 21-26.
- Shen, J., Halenda, S.P., Sturek, M., and Wilden, P.A. (2005) Novel mitogenic effect of adenosine on coronary artery smooth muscle cells: Role for the A1 adenosine receptor. Circulation Research 96, 982-990.
- Wilden, P.A., Agazie, Y.M., Kaufman, R., and Halenda, S.P. (1998) ATP-stimulated smooth muscle proliferation requires independent Erk1/2 and PI3K signaling pathways. American Journal of Physiology 275, H1209-H1215.
- Agazie, Y.M., Bagot, J.C., Trickey, E., Halenda, S.P., and Wilden, P.A. (2001) Molecular mechanisms of ATP and insulin synergistic stimulation of coronary artery smooth muscle cell growth. American Journal of Physiology 280, H795-H801.