In efforts to improve human health, medical researchers use a variety of potentially hazardous biological, chemical and radioactive materials.
At the University of Missouri, researchers employing these materials must comply with all applicable federal, state and local requirements to protect the safety of the public, students, faculty and staff. The University of Missouri Department of Environmental Health and Safety oversees safety on campus.
Safe Workplaces for Exceptional Research
Resources from the Office of Compliance & Quality are designed to:
- Support an environment for conducting excellent research while maintaining a safe workplace
- Enhance safety knowledge for MU faculty, staff and students involved in research
- Assist researchers in protecting personnel, the environment and property from exposure to hazardous materials
- Provide processes and tools for assessing safety needs and developing appropriate precautions
- Help researchers meet compliance requirements of applicable federal, state and local regulations
Review the resources below for information on specific topics, including: