Read about events and news items in the Mizzou Sleep Research Lab.
- Dr. McCrae and lab mentees led a work life balance panel.
- Dr. McCrae (first author) and mentees, Dr. Ashley Curtis, Dylan McCann, and Kevin McGovneys’ article on “Cognitive behavioral treatment of insomnia in school-aged children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Short report on preliminary findings” was published.
- Lab alumnus Dr. Mattina Davenport accepted a new internship position at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP).
- Dr. McCrae was involved in the Society of Behavioral Sleep Medicine’s COVID-19 Task Force in efforts to identify and disseminate information that could be helpful in addressing sleep concerns during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Dr. Melanie Stearns joined our lab in the Spring as a Post-Doctoral Fellow. Dr. Stearns completed her Ph.D in Clinical Psychology from Mississippi State University and clinical internship from the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
- Dr. McCrae’s (Co-I) commentary on “An Evaluation of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia: A Systematic Review and Application of Tolin's Criteria for Empirically Supported Treatments” was published.
- Dr. McCrae spoke with NPR about sleep problems and summer childcare. Check out the interview here!
- Dr. Neetu Nair joined our lab in the Fall as a Post-Doctoral Fellow. She was selected as a sponsored attendee of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine’s Young Investigator Research Form.
- Dr. McCrae (first author) and mentees Dr. Ashley Curtis and Jasmine Berrys’ article on “Effects of brief behavioral therapy for insomnia on daily associations between sleep and cognition in older adults” was published.
- Lab alumnus Dr. Ashley Curtis became director of Cognition, Aging, Sleep, and Health Lab (CASH Lab).
- Dr. McCrae received an Excellence in Research Mentoring Award