MO HealthNet Webinar
“MO HealthNet Telehealth Provider Bulletin…Explained”
By Ben Harvey, Associate Director of Operations, Missouri Telehealth Network
The Missouri Telehealth Network hosted a webinar titled, “MO HealthNet Telehealth Provider Bulletin . . .Explained,” on May 16, 2018. The webinar addressed the new MO HealthNet guidance on the use of telehealth and telemedicine released on February 1 of this year. Read the Frequently Asked Questions to learn more.
You can watch the webinar here.
Missouri Telehealth Summit
For the past several years, the Missouri Telehealth Network has gathered together providers, payers, policymakers, and end users to discuss the challenges and opportunities presented by telemedicine in Missouri and beyond. The summit takes place each year in Jefferson City at the Capitol Plaza Hotel.
In 2018, the Fourth Annual Missouri Telehealth Summit convened with a few added features. First, the day prior to the summit, a one-day, Telehealth 101 workshop was offered to those desiring to learn more about telehealth. Second, the summit was open to exhibitors for the first time.
For more information regarding the Missouri Telehealth Summit please visit https://musomcme.com/18mts/.
Pre-Summit Workshop: Telehealth 101
During the 2018 Missouri Telehealth Summit, several well-known experts presented during a pre-summit workshop for attendees. Presentations/speakers included:
- Things to Consider: Telehealth Legal & Policy Issues- Mei Kwong, JD- Executive Director, Center for Connected Health Policy
- Implementation Roadmap- Kathy Chorba- Executive Director, California Telehealth Resource Center
- Saint Luke’s eHealth Outreach: Establishing eHealth as a Core Competency in Your Program- Steve Kropp, MS- System Director, Virtual Health, Saint Luke’s Health System
- Evaluation- Mirna Becevic, PhD- Assistant Research Professor of Telemedicine, Missouri Telehealth Network
- Children’s Mercy Kansas City: For Children, For Families, For Answers- Morgan Waller, MBA, BSN, RN- Director of Telemedicine Professional Services, Children’s Mercy
- Reimbursement- Nina Antoniotti, RN, MBA, PhD- Executive Director of Telehealth and Clinical Outreach, SIU Medicine
- Show-Me ECHO- Rachel Mutrux, Sr. Program Director, Missouri Telehealth Network
Conference attendees provided the following feedback on the presentations:
- “Great overview of laws, regulations, compliance etc.”
- “Informed view of legal/compliance pitfalls.”
- “Really good info -- wish we had this info before we implemented. I think this was perfect for lots in the room.”
- “Like the step-by-step method of adopting & planning -- implementation of a telehealth program.”
- “Covered and clarified several questions and helped me see the ‘big’ picture.”
- “Very helpful ideas for evaluating our telehealth program.”
- “Very nice hearing the realities of starting a program. Very knowledgeable.”
- “Wow! Very informative! Comprehensive -- easily could have been expanded to a full day.”
- “Very excited to hear about ECHO. Seems like a no-brainer that people would do this. Very knowledgeable, very good, very exciting.”