Acceptance into the Bryant Scholars Pre-Admissions Program is based on high academic achievement, commitment to a career in rural medicine, possession of personal characteristics expected of quality physicians, and a small town or rural background.
To be eligible to apply to the Bryant Scholars Pre-Admissions Program students must:
- Have an undergraduate graduation date two academic years from the time of application.
- Show high academic achievement during high school.
- Have minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA and minimum 3.3 Math/Science GPA. Dual-credit courses are not included in the GPA calculation.
- Have A or B grades in required lecture/lab courses already taken at the time of application.
- Show evidence of leadership and interest in a variety of extracurricular activities.
- Be a Missouri resident.
- Have a rural permanent home address. Rural is defined as a home address with a Rural-Urban Community Area (RUCA) Code of 2-10. If your home address has a RUCA code of 1, you are ineligible to apply for the program.
- In order to determine if your home address is rural, use the "Am I Rural?" tool to look up the RUCA code of your permanent home address.
- Applicants must have lived at their permanent home address for at least 2 years. Applicants who have not lived at their current permanent home address for at least two years, must submit a report for their prior permanent home address with their application. Applicants must have a PDF of their "Am I Rural?" report(s) to upload and submit with their application.
- "Am I Rural" example report
- Be full-time enrolled at public or independent four-year college or university in Missouri or a contiguous state (Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska).
- Students who attend out-of-state colleges or universities in contiguous states are eligible to apply to the Bryant Scholars Program, but must be a Missouri resident.
- Students currently enrolled at a two-year public or independent college in Missouri or a contiguous state are eligible to apply, but must provide proof of acceptance at a four-year public or independent college or university in Missouri or a contiguous state. Upon acceptance into the Bryant Scholars Program, students must provide enrollment verification at the four-year college or university they are attending.
How to Apply
Required application materials include:
Application form: Due June 7. Complete all fields of the online application and submit by 11:59 p.m., June 7, 2021. Applications received after the June 7 deadline will not be considered.
Evaluation forms: Due July 5. Applicants will enter the name and contact information of the individuals they wish to complete each of the evaluations on the online application. Applicants must submit application for the system to send an evaluation link to chosen evaluators. Each evaluator will receive an email to complete the applicant's evaluation. Applicants will be notified when an evaluator has submitted an evaluation. Two evaluations are required, but you may submit a third optional evaluation. Both required evaluations must come from college professors from whom you have taken a class and received a grade. One of the two required evaluations must come from a science professor. The third evaluator should be non-academic. Each evaluator must complete the evaluation by 11:59 p.m., July 5, 2021.
ACT/SAT scores (if available): Due July 5. If the applicant has ACT/SAT scores, they must submit by July 5. If ACT/SAT scores are not listed on a college transcript, please provide a copy of the official score report received from ACT/SAT. Please send ACT score to firstname.lastname@example.org ACT/SAT scores are due by 11:59 p.m., July 5, 2021.
College transcripts: Due July 5. Applicant must ask the Transcript Office at their college or university to send an official transcript, including current spring semester grades, to MU School of Medicine. Applicants must also send transcripts for all colleges or universities where the applicant has received course credit (including dual-credit courses). All college transcripts are due by 11:59 p.m., July 5, 2021.
Submit all college transcripts to:
Subject: Bryant Scholars Application
University of Missouri School of Medicine Admissions
Attn: Bryant Application
Columbia, MO 65212
To verify receipt of transcripts, please contact MizzouMed@missouri.edu.
Only complete applications with all required application materials will be considered. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure all required materials are received by MU School of Medicine.
For application questions or to verify receipt of application, letters of evaluation, and ACT score, please contact email@example.com.
Students will receive information regarding their application in July. If invited, interviews will occur on Aug. 12 or Aug. 13. Each invited applicant will receive at least two interviews with members of the University of Missouri School of Medicine Pre-professional Scholars Program (PSP) Committee.