MedPrep 1 helps college juniors and above become well-rounded medical school applicants. During the workshop, participants obtain a better understanding of the importance of research and community service and learn about financial aid, problem-based learning and academic preparation. Attendees also may talk with advisers and current medical students.
Registration is currently closed.
August 15-16, 2019
January 9-10, 2020
Registration for the 2019 January session is now closed.
Two workshops take place each year on the University of Missouri campus. The workshops last one evening and one entire day.
During the workshops, attendees:
- Meet one-on-one with advisers
- Develop preparation strategies
- Receive an introduction to Patient-Based Learning
- Discuss financial aid options
- Discuss key characteristics in medical school students
- Review the importance of community service and volunteerism
- Discuss the importance of research and teaching
The total workshop fee is $75. This includes a $25 non-refundable application fee and a $50 workshop fee to cover instructional materials and one meal. Travel and lodging must be paid separately.
Payment instructions are provided with acceptance notification.
A link for the financial assistance request forms is available upon completion of a MedPrep application and must be submitted immediately following your application to be considered for assistance. Financial assistance will cover the workshop fee only.
January MedPrep 1
- Oct 1 - Registration opens
- Dec 10 - All selected applicants are notified
- Dec 21 - Application and workshop fees are due
August MedPrep 1
- June 1 - Application opens
- July 15 - All selected applicants are notified
- July 31 - Application and workshop fees are due