MedPrep 1 helps college juniors and above become well-rounded medical school applicants. During the workshop, participants obtain a better understanding of the importance of research and community service and learn about financial aid, problem-based learning and academic preparation. Attendees also may talk with advisers and current medical students.
Registration will open June 15, 2021.
August 19-20, 2021
In this two day onsite workshop attendees will:
- Meet one-on-one with advisers
- Develop preparation strategies
- Receive an introduction to Patient-Based Learning
- Discuss financing medicine
- Discuss key characteristics in medical school students
- Review the importance of community service and volunteerism
- Discuss the importance of research and teaching
The total workshop fee is $50. This includes a $25 non-refundable application fee and a $25 workshop fee to cover instructional materials.
Payment instructions will be provided with acceptance notification.
A link for the financial assistance request forms is available upon completion of a MedPrep application and must be submitted immediately following your application to be considered for assistance. Financial assistance will cover the workshop fee only.
August MedPrep 1
- June 15 - Registration opens
- July 23 - All selected applicants are notified
- August 2 - Application and workshop fees are due