Each year, the University of Missouri provides a forum to highlight original research and educational innovations by undergraduate, medical, nursing and health professions students, as well as predoctoral and postdoctoral trainees working with faculty in the schools of medicine, nursing, and health professions.
The 2021 Health Sciences Research Day was held on November 19, 2021. Organized and sponsored by the MU School of Medicine Research Council, Health Sciences Research Day also partners with the MU School of Medicine, MU Sinclair School of Nursing and MU School of Health Professions.
This day-long symposium—filled with poster presentations—awards prizes to the three best presentations in each of several student categories. Special Deans’ Awards recognize the most outstanding research conducted by trainees from the schools of nursing, health professions and medicine.
Undergraduate, medical, nursing and health professions students, as well as predoctoral and postdoctoral trainees working with faculty in the schools of medicine, nursing, and health professions are invited to present results of their research. No more than two posters may be presented by those listed as the first author. Holders of academic titles are not eligible to submit abstracts, except through mentoring roles.
Schedule of events
- 8-11 am: Poster Session I: Medical Students & Undergraduates
- 12 pm - 1 pm: Keynote Address by E. Dale Abel, MD, PhD (virtual)
- 1-3 pm: Poster Session II: Graduate students, fellows, residents, post-doctoral students
- 1:30-2:30 pm: Research Fair (virtual)
- 3:30-4 pm: Spurgeon Distinguished Medical Research Award Presentation & Seminar
- 4-4:30 pm: Mentoring and Deans' Awards
- 4:30-5 pm: Poster Awards