MD and Md-PhD candidates for admission to the MU School of Medicine should apply through the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). Students who demonstrate financial need may qualify for an AMCAS application fee waiver.
The School of Medicine emails qualified and competitive applicants with an open file supplemental application. Non-Missouri residents may be invited to submit a preliminary Out-Of-State form to determine if a supplemental application will be offered.
Applicants who have been sent the supplemental application must submit it and the $110 fee or AMCAS fee waiver by 5 p.m. Nov. 15.
After an initial screening, the School of Medicine admissions committee will invite applicants who are being seriously considered for interviews.
The University of Missouri School of Medicine plans to offer 400 interview slots for the entering class of 2020. It is possible that more slots may be available; however, applicants are strongly advised to complete their applications early, since consideration for an interview slot will be conducted on a rolling basis as applications are received.
MD and MD-PhD Admission Timeline for
Entering Class of 2020
- Receipt of AMCAS application: June 1, 2019, through Oct. 15, 2019
- Receipt of secondary material: June 1, 2019, through Nov. 15, 2019
- Interviews (by invitation only): October 2019 through February 2020
- Final notice of acceptance by March 25, 2020
An invitation to interview at the University of Missouri School of Medicine is an indication of your initial impression on the admissions committee. It is quite an accomplishment. This is an opportunity to see if the MU School of Medicine is as right for you as we think you might be for us.
Your interview day is planned so that you have the opportunity to mingle with other applicants, chat with current students and ask questions about what it is like to be a medical student at Mizzou.
Most interview days include up to 10 students, which are then divided into morning and afternoon interview groups. Interviews take place on Mondays through Wednesdays during the week. We require at least two one-on-one interviews with admissions committee members.
- Bryant Scholars - late July (slightly different schedule)
- Early decision program applicants - September
- Regular medical student applicants - October through February
- MD-PhD applicants – October through February
Sample Interview Schedule
- 9 a.m.– Interview with Admissions Committee member (morning group)
- 10 a.m.- Interview with Admissions Committee member (morning group)
- 11 a.m. – Meet with Admissions representative (both morning and afternoon groups)
- 11:30 a.m. – Meet with Financial Aid Coordinator (both morning and afternoon groups)
- 12 p.m. – Both groups join student ambassadors for lunch and tour of the medical education buildings
- 1 p.m.- Interview with Admission Committee member (afternoon group)
- 2 p.m.- Interview with Admissions Committee member (afternoon group)
Applicants to the Tom and Anne Smith MD-PhD Program will have a second day of interviews for the program and graduate school. Housing for an overnight stay is usually provided for MD-PhD applicants who have a second day of interviews. Please contact the program office at email@example.com for additional information.