MD and Md-PhD candidates for admission to the MU School of Medicine should apply through the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). Students who demonstrate financial need may qualify for an AMCAS application fee waiver.
The School of Medicine emails each applicant with an open file a supplemental application. Applicants must complete and return this application with a $100 fee by 5 p.m. on Dec. 15.
After an initial screening, the School of Medicine admissions committee will invite applicants who are seriously being considered for interviews.
The University of Missouri School of Medicine plans to offer 400 interview slots for the entering class of 2019. It is possible that more slots may be available; however, applicants are strongly advised to complete their applications early, since consideration for an interview slot will be conducted on a rolling basis as applications are received.
MD and MD-PhD Admission Timeline for Entering Class of 2019
- Receipt of AMCAS application: June 1, 2018 through October 15, 2018
- Receipt of secondary material: June 1, 2018 through December 15, 2018
- Interviews (by invitation only): October 2018 through February 2019
- Final notice of acceptance by March 22, 2019
An invitation to interview at the University of Missouri School of Medicine is an indication of your initial impression on the admissions committee. It is quite an accomplishment. This is an opportunity to see if the MU School of Medicine is as right for you as we think you might be for us.
Your interview day is planned so that you have the opportunity to mingle with other applicants, chat with current students and ask questions about what it is like to be a medical student at Mizzou.
Most interview days include up to 10 students, which are then divided into morning and afternoon interview groups. Interviews take place on Mondays through Wednesdays during the week. We require at least two one-on-one interviews with admissions committee members.
- Bryant Scholars - late July (slightly different schedule)
- Early decision program applicants - September
- Regular medical student applicants - October through February
- MD-PhD applicants – October through February
Sample Interview Schedule
- 9 a.m.– Interview with Admissions Committee member (morning group)
- 10 a.m.- Interview with Admissions Committee member (morning group)
- 11 a.m. – Meet with Admissions representative (both morning and afternoon groups)
- 11:30 a.m. – Meet with Financial Aid Coordinator (both morning and afternoon groups)
- 12 p.m. – Both groups join student ambassadors for lunch and tour of the medical education buildings
- 1 p.m.- Interview with Admission Committee member (afternoon group)
- 2 p.m.- Interview with Admissions Committee member (afternoon group)
Applicants to the Tom and Anne Smith MD-PhD Program will have a second day of interviews for the program and graduate school. Housing for an overnight stay is usually provided for MD-PhD applicants who have a second day of interviews. Please contact the program office at email@example.com for additional information.