The mission of ThinkFirst is to prevent traumatic injuries through education research and policy. The award-winning programs of ThinkFirst educate people — especially high-risk young people — about their vulnerability to brain and spinal cord injury, common causes of these injuries and how to prevent them.
ThinkFirst Missouri is a program of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and serves as an affiliate chapter of the ThinkFirst National Injury Prevention Foundation. The office of ThinkFirst Missouri is located in the Rusk Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass Health and MU Health Care, in Columbia, Mo.
First Impact is a traffic safety program that educates parents about Missouri’s Graduated Driver License (GDL) law as well as provides them with the tools they need to monitor, coach and support their new teen driver.
Related Sites of Interest
- American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine
- American Osteopathic Association
- Arthritis Foundation
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- City of Columbia, MO Official Website
- Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
- North American Spine Society
- National Osteoporosis Foundation
- Osteoarthritis Research Society International (OARSI)
- PM&R on Wikipedia
- National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR)
- National Library of Medicine