Since its early days, the Department of Medicine has been committed to developing leaders in clinical research, medical education and patient care.
Our faculty and staff members are dedicated to providing the best education to the next generation of Internal Medicine generalists and subspecialists, and they are committed to providing our trainees a learning experience that instills pride and lifelong devotion to the University of Missouri.
Student Orientation for the Internal Medicine Clerkship will begin at 8:00 AM in room MA406B on Monday, the first day of the block. The Clerkship Director will review the goals and description of the course and hand out materials including your team assignments.
Following this, students will report to their respective VA or MU wards for further orientation by the course director or an attending. Students should come prepared to be on-call the first evening.
Please note that elective requests for Visiting Students must first be approved by the Dean's Office of the School of Medicine.
Advanced Biomedical Science Selectives
- Medicine Research
- Cardiology Consults
- Rural Track Cardiology - St. Joseph
- Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Infectious Diseases
- Coronary Care Unit
- Diabetes Mellitus Externship
- General Internal Medicine Outpatient
- Orientation and Schedule
- Reading List
- Rural Track General Internal Medicine - Mound City
- Hematology/Oncology Chronic Care
- Immunology/Rheumatology Advanced Elective
- Rural Track Immun/Rheumatology - St. Joseph
- Medical Intensive Care
- Nephrology Advanced Elective
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Subinternship in Internal Medicine
Links and Resources
Online Medical Journal/Texts
Literature Search Engines