This workshop helps rising high school juniors and seniors explore their strengths as well as careers in health care. The workshop includes a two-week online component from June 8-22, 2020, and a one-day, on-campus event either June 19 in Columbia or June 22 in Springfield.
Application period is now closed for Summer 2020.
Two-Week Online Component
- Online written and video resources
- Overview of healthcare careers
- Virtual Video Conferencing
- Discussion Boards
- Personality Assessment
- Resume submission
1-Day Campus Visit (Columbia or Springfield)
- Personality Assessment Review
- Simulation Center Activities
- Student Panel
- Professional Panel
- Mini Healthcare fair
- Resume review
The total workshop fee is $60. This includes a $30 non-refundable application fee and a $30 workshop fee to cover instructional materials and one meal.Travel and lodging must be paid separately.
Payment instructions are provided with acceptance notification.
A link for the financial assistance request forms is available upon completion of a Medical Explorations application and must be submitted immediately following your application to be considered for assistance. Financial assistance will cover the $30 workshop fee only.
- Feb 15 – Registration Opens
- March 28 – Registration Closes
- April 15 – All selected applicants are notified
- May 15 – Application and Workshop fees are due