The Department of Health Management and Informatics at the University of Missouri School of Medicine is a leader in health management and informatics education, research and service.
The department offers graduate certificates in health informatics and health ethics, as well as master's degrees in health administration (MHA) and health informatics (MS). Students may pursue master's degrees on campus through our residential program or primarily online through our executive program for working professionals.
- Accredited by CAHME and CAHIIM
- No. 11 in College Choice’s Best Online Master’s in Health Care Administration.
- Approved as a training provider by the by the Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE). Our MHA students complete a course in Decision Making for Health Care Organizations and are eligible to sit for the Six Sigma Lean Green Belt Examination.
- Named to Top 10 Most Affordable Informatics Programs in the U.S.
- 97% of MHA & 86% of HI graduates are employed within three months of graduation (2018-2019).
- Our Residential MHA students have a 94% completion rate and Executive MHA 81% (2018-2019).
- Employers of recent graduates include Ascension Health, Medicus Management Services and Navigant Consulting.
- Recent graduates landed fellowships at organizations including BJC HealthCare, Cleveland Clinic, Mercy Health System and St. Luke’s Health System.
- HMI is a member of the National Council on Administrative Fellowships (NCAF), a collaboration working to improve the application process and fellowship experience.
- The department is housed within the medical school and located on a health sciences campus with an academic health center.
- HMI offers the ninth-largest accredited MHA program in the U.S. (Modern Healthcare, 2018).