Visiting students applying to take a four-week elective in the Department of PM&R please contact the Office of Medical Education.
Interested in Applying?
If you are interested in applying to our program, please follow these steps:
- Apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- Dean’s letter
- Medical school transcript
- National Boards Parts I and II scores (if available) —USMLE or COMPLEX accepted
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
Before entering our program
A PGY-1 year must be completed in a program approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education or American Osteopathic Association.
Our Program must provide documentation to the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation indicating how the resident acquired his or her fundamental clinical skills. We must identify the rotations (specialties and subspecialties) the resident has taken, or will take, to complete the fundamental clinical skills requirement.
Fundamental Clinical Skills: One of the four years of training is to develop fundamental clinical skills. This year of training in fundamental clinical skills must consist of an accredited transitional year or include at least six months in accredited training in family medicine, internal medicine, emergency medicine, obstetrics-gynecology, pediatrics or surgery, or any combination of these patient care experiences.
The remaining months of this year may include any combination of accredited specialties or sub-specialties. Accredited training in any of the specialties or sub-specialties selected must be for a period of at least four weeks. No more than eight weeks may be in non-direct patient care experiences, such as pathology, radiology and research.
Additional Information and FAQs
- Do we offer a 4-year integrated residency?
- Do we have formal requirements regarding USMLE or COMLEX scores?
Yes, USMLE or COMLEX Part 1 must be passed.
- Do we sponsor H1B or J1 Visas?
- Do we have a formal policy on graduation cut-off year?
- Does our program require completion of Step 3 by start date?
No, however, all residents are required to pass Step 3 of USMLE (for MDs) or COMPLEX (for DOs) before starting their final year of residency.
- Does our program require work experience in the USA?
IMGs must have completed or be completing an internship in an ACGME accredited program.
For more information, contact Brandi Morris at 573-882-0406 or firstname.lastname@example.org