Core PCOR Staff
Project Director: David Mehr, MD, MS
MU's Center for Patient Centered Outcomes Research is led by David Mehr, geriatrician, health services researcher, and William C. Allen Professor and Director of Research in the Department of Family and Community Medicine. Contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-882-3126.
Core Director: Robin Kruse, PhD, MSPH
Research Professor Robin Kruse is the Core Director of MU's PCOR as well as co-investigator on Project 1 of the PCOR grant. Robin may be contacted through email at KruseR@health.missouri.edu or by phone at 573-882-5611.
Center Coordinator: Lynne Lawrence, MS Ed
Contact Lynne at email@example.com or 573-882-3126
Training and Mentoring Committee
Chair: Robin Kruse, PhD, MSPH
The Training and Mentoring Committee is responsible for organizing Center training activities, including courses, use of on-line modules, biweekly PCOR seminars, awarding badges and certificates in PCOR and for conducting special training experiences such as workshops and webinars.
Chair: Vicki Conn, PhD, RN, FAAN
The Review Committee reviews applications for pilot projects, reviews concept papers and organizes mock study section reviews to improve Center investigators' draft grant applications prior to agency submission.
Chair: Douglas S. Wakefield, PhD
The Evaluation Committee is responsible for overall evaluation of Center activities and for building PCOR capacity at MU.
External Advisory Committee
The External Advisory Group has wide-ranging expertise relevant to PCOR and to the Center theme. The Group advises MU PCOR on areas of research or infrastructure that we should pursue, provide an external review of formative evaluation data to assess Center progress and the need for mid-course corrections, and review the progress of the Center's research projects.
- Timothy S. Carey, MD, MPH; Professor, Social Medicine, and Director, Sheps Center for Health Service Research, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Michael L. Parchman, MD, MPH; Director, MacColl Center for Health Care Innovation, Group Health Research Institute
- Brian W. Jack, MD; Professor and Chair, Family Medicine, Boston (MA) University School of Medicine; Chief, Boston Medical Center
- Ginette A. Pepper, PhD, RN, FAAN; Dean for Research and PhD Program; and Director, Hartford Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence; University of Utah
- William S. Weintraub, MD, FACC; Chief, Cardiology, and Director, Christiana Center for Outcomes Research, Christiana Care Health System, Wilmington, DE
- Marcia M. Ward, PhD; Professor, Department of Health Management and Policy, and Director, Center for Health Policy and Research, College of Public Health, University of Iowa
PCOR Steering Committee
The Steering Committee is responsible for the Center's overall direction, including: reviewing work of the three standing committees, overseeing progress of the research projects and the Center's Small Grant Projects, incorporating feedback from the three advisory groups, and modifying plans based on feedback from the advisory groups and the Evaluation Committee.
- Douglas S. Wakefield, PhD; Director, Center for Health Care Quality, and Professor, Health Management and Informatics
- Benjamin Crenshaw, MD; Assistant Professor of Clinical Family and Community Medicine
- Bonnie J. Wakefield, PhD, RN, FAAN; Research Associate Professor, Sinclair School of Nursing
- Lori L. Popejoy, PhD, APRN, GCNS-BC; Assistant Professor, Sinclair School of Nursing, and John A. Hartford Foundation Claire M. Fagin Fellow
- Glen Cameron, PhD, Chair, Journalism Research, Missouri School of Journalism, Co-Director, Health Communication Research Center, and Professor, Family and Community Medicine
- Todd Vogel, MD, MPH, FACS; Associate Professor of Vascular Surgery
- Sue Rodgers, RN, retired Director of Nursing for MU Women’s and Children’s Hospital and current MU PCOR Patient Representative.
- Lynne Lawrence, MSE, MU PCOR Center Coordinator.
- Abigail Rolbiecki, PhD, MPH, MSW, Assistant Professor, Family and Community Medicine