Heartsaver First Aid CPR & AED can be taught in a classroom as a video-based, instructor-led course or can be done with eLearning.
This course teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage a first aid, choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. This course is also broken down to teach the very basic needs such as CPR/AED adult training or to allow the student to gain more knowledge in basic first aid and CPR/AED with children and infants by taking a full Heartsaver certification. There are four Heartsaver certification types:
- Heartsaver CPR & AED Adult Only* (3 hours), $50
- Heartsaver CPR & AED Adult, Child Only (3.5 hours), $55
- Heartsaver CPR & AED Adult, Child, Infant Only (4 hours), $60
- Heartsaver First Aid & CPR/AED Adult, Child, Infant CPR/AED and basic First Aid (6.5 hours), $80
*Recommended for industrial businesses
This course teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage a first aid, choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. This course is for students seeking certification or recertification in basic life support and/or first aid skills and wishing to complete part of the course via the computer. This program is convenient for a student who needs to work on the program from home at his or her own pace.
This program is completed in three steps: the online cognitive program, skills practice and skills testing.
Step 1: Online Cognitive Program
- An online key is issued to each learner through email by the Shelden Clinical Simulation Center. Register or sign in as a student by entering your login name and password issued to you. Your course will then come up, and you will begin your training.
- Heartsaver CPR/AED Online Part 1 (1 hour)
- Heartsaver First Aid Online Part 1 (1.5 hours)
- Heartsaver First Aid with CPR/AED Online Part 1 (2.5 hours)
- Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid with CPR/AED Online Part 1 (2.5 hours)
- Complete the program you have purchased. You do not have to do it all at one time. You may log out and log back in.
- Print your completion certificate located at the end of your online program.
- Once you have completed the Online Cognitive Program, you have 60 days to complete your skills test or the online portion becomes null and void. Please plan ahead so that you may complete this AHA requirement.
- Bring the completion certificate with you to your skills check date. You must turn this in or your skills will not be checked at your appointment.
Step 2: Skills Practice
Register for and purchase one of the skills check at the Shelden Clinical Simulation Center by calling (573) 884-0277 and making your appointment. You will then complete steps 2 and 3. This will take about 30 to 45 minutes of your time.
Step 3: Skills Testing
- Heartsaver CPR & AED skills test, $50
- Heartsaver First Aid skills test, $55
- Heartsaver First Aid w/CPR & AED skills test, $80
- Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid w/CPR & AED skills test, $70