Thank you for your interest in the University of Missouri Emergency Medicine residency program.
We accept applications exclusively via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Required Application Materials
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Dean’s Letter (MSPE)
- Medical School Transcript
- Three or four Letters of Recommendation
- At least two letters should be from Emergency Medicine physicians or department/composite SLOE from your institution
- At least one of the letters from an Emergency Medicine rotation affiliated with an accredited EM residency is strongly preferred.
- Personal statement – one page maximum
- USMLE Transcript Step 1 required, Step 2 preferred but not required
- COMLEX Transcript Part 1 – required, Part 2 preferred but not required for osteopathic candidates. Osteopathic applicants are encouraged to also submit USMLE scores
- A recent photograph
- Applicants currently in another post-graduate training program must include a letter from their current program director in ERAS.
- Residents with training in specialties outside of EM may apply for an EM-1 position.
- Our program is able to sponsor J1 and H1b Visas
The Decision-Making Process
We like to see applications as soon as possible after ERAS opens. USMLE scores, medical school transcripts and letters of recommendation are the most important pieces of information needed early in the application process. Please ensure all of your information is correct and current. The deadline for receiving all application materials is November 1. No new application materials will be accepted after that date. Applications that are incomplete will not be considered for interviews.
A committee of faculty members reviews all applications on a revolving basis.
Interviews take place in November, December and January. We will inform all applicants of interview offers by Nov. 1.