If you are interested in applying for a family medicine residency position, please use the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Our program does not have a supplemental application.
To apply for our Family Medicine Residency Program, list NRMP#1994120C0 on your application. Supporting documents are required and should be directed to ERAS:
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendations from persons familiar with your clinical performance, at least one of these must be a family physician
- Transcript and Dean's letter of reference
- USMLE or COMLEX scores
- Recent photograph
Personalized Interview Day
When you arrange an interview, you will be asked about your needs and interests. A personalized interview day will be created for you. You can expect interviews with faculty and residents and tours of our hospitals and clinics. Lodging will be provided. You will also have the opportunity to socialize with some residents the night before your interview. Application deadline is January 1.
We do not offer observerships or externships. We accept applications only through ERAS, and our application deadline is January 1. Requirements for those applying to our Family Medicine Residency Program include:
- Applicants must meet one or more of these criteria:
- Graduated from medical school in year 2018 or later
- Currently enrolled in a residency program
- Employed in a full-time clinical practice within the last six months.
- Applicants must have a strong commitment to, and evidence of experience in, family medicine. Experience in the United States is not required.
- Applicants must be eligible for a Missouri medical license. No minimum USMLE or COMLEX scores are required.
- No USMLE Step 2 score necessary to apply or interview, but it is required before ranking on Feb. 1.
- Among Caribbean Schools we interview applicants from the following: American University of the Caribbean, Ross, St. Georges and Saba. This policy is based on past experience with training and licensure.
- Applicants must be able to speak fluent English.
- Non-U.S. citizens much obtain their visa before our program start date of July 1. We sponsor J1 visas only.