HMI Department Vision
To be a national leader in health management and informatics education, research and service.
HMI Department Mission
To engage in research, education, and service activities for the health care community that supports development, translation, and dissemination of health care strategies that improve population health.
Guiding Principles and Values
Value - Create value through knowledge about health organizational processes using evidence-based decision making to achieve the highest level of population-based health. Achieve broad cultural competence in order to work effectively in collaborative and diverse work and community environments.
Knowledge - Develop learning partnerships among the faculty, students, staff, and health professionals for creating, disseminating, and applying knowledge to achieve high levels of performance of health care organizations.
Leadership - Foster a learning environment in which faculty, staff, and students envision the future and develop strategies for change.
Technology - Use advanced information technology to improve organizational performance and individual and population health outcomes.
Quality - Create an environment for excellence in quality and for quality improvement in all educational, research, and health services delivery processes.
Centers and Institutes
- Center for Biomedical Informatics
- Health Informatics in Diabetes Research (HIDR) Core
- Center for Diabetes Translation Research - Health Informatics in Diabetes Research Core
- Center for Health Ethics (CHE)
- Center for Health Policy
- Health and Behavioral Risk Research Center
- Missouri Cancer Registry and Research Center (MCR-ARC)
- MU Institute for Data Science and Informatics
- Missouri Health Information Technology Assistance Center (MoHIT)