This rotation is limited to 3rd year fellows with the prerequisite experience in adult echocardiography. The goal of this rotation is to gain knowledge and experience in congenital heart disease (CHD).
Dr. Chaitanya Panchangam
Four months of adult echocardiography
- Gain experience in interpretation of pediatric echocardiography.
- Acquire knowledge in interpretation of pediatric electrocardiograms and ambulatory ECGs.
- Acquire knowledge in evaluation and management of pediatric patients with cardiovascular disease
- Acquire knowledge in CHD, including ASD, VSD, bicuspid aortic valve and aortopathies, AV canal defects, PDA, Tetralogy of Fallot, double outlet right ventricle, transposition of great arteries including congenitally corrected TGA, Ebstein’s anomaly, coarctation of aorta, single ventricle, pulmonary hypertension, Eisenmenger syndrome, anomalous origin of coronary arteries, and genetic syndromes associated with CHD.
- Women’s Hospital, Keene Medical Building, 500 Keene Street, Suite 207
- Work hours: 7:55 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Arrive on time for morning huddle at 7:55 am.
- Perform and preliminarily interpret echocardiograms for pediatric patients in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Preliminarily interpret pediatric ECGs in the electronic ECG management system.
- Preliminarily interpret ambulatory ECGs (Holter and event monitors)
- Perform inpatient consultations with the on-call cardiologist
- Attend cardiology case management conference over Zoom at Washington University on Wednesday mornings.
- Complete assigned reading and come prepared for discussion with pediatric cardiologist.
- Review questions and answers in ACCSAP on CHD.
- Prepare a topic related to congenital heart disease for presentation to the pediatric cardiologists.
- Supervise performance and interpretation of pediatric echocardiograms and ECGs.
- Evaluate and discuss every patient seen with the fellow.
- Round with fellow daily on inpatient consultations